Sunday, March 20, 2011

NEWSPAPER AS EDUCATION TOOLS


The above has been practiced by many schools. If I'm not mistaken they have a campaign called ADK (Akhbar Dalam Kelas) or Newspaper in Class. I've read a very interesting books on this last weekend. The book discussed about using newspaper to ignite the interest of children to learn more about what's happening around them.

The book suggest spending your time with your children reading and discussing about events written in the newspaper. At least 15 minutes per dayt should be enough. I'm planning to start this very soon and hoping to see the results. My eldest did show interest in reading newspaper although he only concentrates on the sport sections.

1 comment:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Abang Rizal, I can vouch for the veracity of this! My siblings and I grew up reading Utusan Konsumer, the Star and NST. Of course, younger children start off with the kids' columns and comic strips, but gradually move on to the lifestyle/feature sections, metro/city pullouts, environment/hobby/sports features and main news. My brothers and I used to fight over who gets the newspapers first in the mornings. Now I tak kisah because I can read it all on my Blackberry!