Tuesday, August 2, 2011

BON ODORI 2011 (MALAYSIA)























Bon Odori is a Japanese related festival that is celebrated world wide. It has been organized yearly in Malaysia for the past 30 plus years. I’ve been planning to attend few years back but to no success. So this year I’ve jot down the event in my diary to ensure it will not be missed.
It’s an exposure to other countries culture that I want my kids to experience. We’re off a bit early and manage to get a very good parking space (inside Panasonic). Seeing huge number of people wearing kimonos is definitely new to us and it’s interesting.

It’s a one stop Japanese food center and this is one of the day that most of the food in the house is Japanese Food. The setup of the festival is really nice. Since it’s done in a Stadium you can sit down on the field with your family (having your own little family picnic) while enjoying the drum show and the ceremonial dance ceremony.

We’ll be coming back for BON ODORI 2012

3 comments:

Rawiwa said...

our lil baby really enjoyed that day since she just got her 'leg'.
really love that moment.

looking forward for 2012...

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Dear Abang Rizal,
How lovely that your family made it to the Bon Odori Festival! I have wanted to go, on many occasions, but my plans were always foiled by some volunteer commitment or the other. My friend found the crowds intimidating and the price of food too high. But I shall not be deterred! Will try again next year! Selamat Berbuka Puasa tonight with the family!

Norsam Tenok said...

abg rizal... tenok nak bertanya ni... ble Bon Odori ni held? venue?