Sunday, August 7, 2011

CHARITY @ RUMAH RAUDHAH













Doing charity works is a noble task. If you’re not a frequent charity volunteers at least once in your god given life you should try it. I think it’s more about the results from your contributions and having fun in doing that is a bonus.

I’ve given my students (in one of their subject) a task to organize charity works. They’ve decided to ‘clean-up’ one charity shelter called Rumah Raudhah in Gombak. It’s self funded shelter for orphanage, single mom and others. It’s amazing to see my students working their heart out trying their best to make thing better.

At least while doing the charity task, they can observe the situation in Rumah Raudhah and at least to realized how lucky they are compare to their friends in this shelter house. Personally I think somebody (with connections probably) should try to seek some helps from the relevant authorities to help this establishment especially in terms of infrastructure.

Anyway we had fun and feeling really good after the task was completed.

5 comments:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Salam, Abang Rizal! It is beneficial indeed to get your students involved in charity work. Meeting others less fortunate than themselves should not merely make them more grateful for what they have. It should motivate them to want to do volunteer work out of their own initiative in future. Instead of thinking "Kesiannya diorang. Nasib baik aku bukan yatim piatu", they should be thinking of solutions and ideas and how to implement them in a way that benefits the residents of Rumah Raudhah. I hope your students come back on their own as volunteers out of their own initiative soon.

Al-Manar said...

It is good to see you taking your students to see what life is all about. In my case I have just acquired about 80 new Form 1 to 4 pupils, all of whom are orphans and children of 'fakirs'. Tutoring them is a real experience. I wish many would see this side of life, as you have tried to make your children do.
Selamat berpuasa.
p/s: Pure chance brought me to your site which seems interesting.

Al-Manar said...

It is good to see you taking your students to see what life is all about. In my case I have just acquired about 80 new Form 1 to 4 pupils, all of whom are orphans and children of 'fakirs'. Tutoring them is a real experience. I wish many would see this side of life, as you have tried to make your children do.
Selamat berpuasa.
p/s: Pure chance brought me to your site which seems interesting.

JALAN REBUNG said...

my dear adik co78,

You're correct. It's an opportunity for them to experience closely and realized how fortunate they are.

JALAN REBUNG said...

Salam Al-Manar,

Thanks for for the revisit. If we can have more people like you in this country, how wonderful would it be. Tahniah and keep up the good works.